Consulting & Advisory
Business & Proposal Development
We provide support in all phases of business development based on the strategic vision of the client including Capture, Proposal Planning, Proposal Development and Facilitating Partnership Arrangements. Our business support services include, but are not limited to:
- Business development lifecycle services including Capture planning, Pipeline development and Proposal development.
- Business planning, nancial management, operations, marketing and communications.
- Facilitating strategic engagements and partnerships based on an in-depth understanding of industry norms and practices.
- Building and strengthening the capacity of local market actors and innovators with business skills development.
We provide professional support services to agencies and clients in conducting acquisition management (grants and contracts) activities. Our solutions include, but are not limited to:
- Grant and contract planning assistance, including market research and recommending a procurement strategy,
- Grant and contract document development, including cost/price estimates, quality assurance surveillance plans, statements of work, synopses, solicitations, and price negotiation memoranda, etc.
- Expert assistance in supporting proposal evaluations, including price/cost analyses or technical proposal analyses or technical proposal analyses
- Grant and contract administration support services, including assistance with reviewing contractor performance, developing contract modifications,
and investigating reports of contract discrepancies in contract close-out assistance
We provide services and solutions to assist agencies and clients in managing their mission-oriented business projects or programs and achieving mission performance goals. Our approach covers:
- All phases of program or project management, from planning to closeout, and
- Operational/administrative business support services in order to carry out program objectives.
Monitoring and Evaluation
We provide continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to clients on performance monitoring, data verication, environmental compliance, impact and performance evaluations, research and studies, organizational learning, and knowledge management. Engaging our MERL services will foster learning across a client’s projects and activities through improved coordination, collaboration, knowledge generation, lesson sharing, and application of all learning through adaptive management. Our capabilities include:
- Performance monitoring support services.
- Evaluation services, studies, and assessments
- Capacity building in monitoring, evaluation, and data analysis and use
- Collaborating, learning, and adapting
Human Resource Support
We provide a full spectrum of HR support, such as identifying highly qualied professionals and subject matter experts for domestic or international assignments. Our HR support services and solutions include:
- Provision of planning, recruitment and internal placement, position classication, personnel actions, training, employee relations, outplacement, function review/integration services, and worker’s compensation.
Capacity building, training, and technical assistance related to engaging private sector actors, or designing, implementing, and evaluating market development and private sector health interventions.
- Guidance in change management and institutionalization of systems and practices.
Cloud IT Acquisition Services
We are experts at using latest commercially available cloud computing services such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) and emerging cloud services. We oer IT professional services that are focused on providing the types of services that support the our client’s adoption of, migration to or governance/management of Cloud computing.
- Helping clients with their cloud acquisitions and strategies,
- Helping clients to develop and manage cloud-focused acquisition vehicles,
- Assisting clients in promoting cloud adoption and innovation across the organization
- Working across the client organization to understand individual business needs and working within the industry to track market trends.
Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services
We oer high-quality cybersecurity practice to assist clients, stakeholders, and governments (federal, state, and local) with using the following capabilities:
- Penetration Testing: We perform security testing in which assessors mimic real-world attacks to identify methods for circumventing the security features of an application, system, or network.
- Incident Response: We design services to help organizations impacted by a Cybersecurity compromise determine the extent of the incident, remove the adversary from their systems, and restore their networks to a more secure state.
- Cyber Hunt: We response to crisis or urgent situations within the pertinent domain to help mitigate immediate and potential threats.
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessment: We conduct assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determine deviations from acceptable congurations, enterprise, or local policy, assess the level of risk, and develop and/or recommend appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational situations
Data Centers and Storage
We meet clients’ data center needs, including:
- Modernization and transformation
- Computer and network systems integration analysis and design
- Data center design
- Disaster recovery
Health Information Technology Services
We believe a health system consists of all organizations, people, and actions whose primary interest is to promote, restore, or maintain health. Our wide range of Health IT services include:
- Electronic Health Records
- Health Information Exchanges (HIE)
- Health Analytics
- Innovative Health IT Solutions, and Health Informatics.
We assist in building and supporting a better client and customer experience for both Federal agencies, various industries, and the public, by linking digital transformation to impactful success. We leverage the building blocks of digital transformation to ozer
the following services:
- Assisting clients to establish a Digital Governance Steering Committee and agency-wide teams to coordinate with stakeholders and ensure consistency and support for modernization activities.
- Identifying immediate and long-term actions to modernize digital presence that combine IT solutions with workforce initiatives, such as launching internal communities of practice and developing a cadre of trusted testers.
- Assisting clients to align cloud, digital communications, data at the edge, digital engineering, model-based systems engineering, and IT modernization with organizational change and talent alignment.
- Supporting public and industry clients to improve measurable development and humanitarian assistance outcomes through the responsible use of digital technology in programming.
- Supporting and strengthening digital ecosystems to promote openness, security, and inclusiveness.
Nutrition & food systems
Nutrition and Food Systems
In alignment with the successes of HarvestPlus and GAIN, we focus on three crucial micronutrients that are most limited in the diets of the poor—vitamin A, zinc, and iron.
Our contribution is based on building nutritious, resilient, and sustainable food systems through agricultural interventions. We acknowledge that vitamins and minerals—often referred to as micronutrients— are vital to healthy development, disease prevention, and wellbeing. However, the majority of micronutrients are not produced in the body and must come from the diet. Micronutrient deficiencies are the most widespread form of malnutrition.
- We provide the following services and solutions in support of the commercialization and consumption of nutritious foods:
- · Mapping points of interest mainly supply and sales outlets.
- · Building capacity of seed producers and aggregators to increase seed production, improve seed quality and access to farmers.
- · Strengthening market linkages through extension services and local engagement to increase the supply of seeds and processed foods.
- · Engaging farmers, processors, aggregators, and their cooperatives at the household and community levels to increase awareness of the benefits of producing and consuming biofortified foods and crops.
- · Facilitating and influencing of high-level national and sub-national consultative events to ensure buy-in for biofortified foods for institutional and humanitarian nutrition programs.
Climate Adaptation & resilience
Climate Change Adaptation & Resilience
Defined Impact provides climate change and environment support technical assistance services related to:
- Assisting organizations and clients in the development of Environment Mitigation and Management Plans (EMMPs).
- Building national and sub-national partnerships to act as knowledge centers of climate change resilience and adaptation.
- Support countries and project implementing organizations to increase the resilience of key infrastructure sectors and strengthen measures to protect against and respond to the impacts of climate change.
- Supporting the implementation of local initiatives that draw on the indigenous experience and build capacity for making science-based decisions and policies.
- Supporting implementation and scale-up of net-zero, resilient national policies and standards based on proven practices through high-level social awareness of climate change risks.